Sunday, February 10, 2008

el periodistas List of 10 Albums From The '70s...

...that everyone should own, in no particular order:



Stevie Wonder - Innervisions
Recommended song: "Higher Ground"
Mood: uplifting
Makes me want to: walk with extra kick in my step




Curtis Mayfield - Superfly
Recommended song: "Pusherman"
Mood: poignant and funky
Makes me want to: buy some bongos and jam out



Fela Kuti - Zombie
Recommended song: "Zombie"
Mood: revolutionary
Makes me want to: dance and overthrow the government simultaneously



Miles Davis - A Tribute to Jack Johnson
Recommended song: "Right Off"
Mood: chill
Makes me want to: play pool in a smoky pub



José Afonso - Eu Vou Ser Como A Toupeira
Recommended song: "A Morte Saíu À Rua"
Mood: mournful
Makes me want to: live in the Portuguese countryside



Larry Harlow - Electric Harlow
Recommended song: "Guasasa"
Mood: playful
Makes me want to: walk the streets of San Juan



Santana - Abraxas
Recommended song: "Incident at Neshabur"
Mood: badass
Makes me want to: film a car chase scene that ends at a jazz club



Led Zeppelin - IV
Recommended song: "When the Levee Breaks"
Mood: epic
Makes me want to: repair some god damn levees



Can - Ege Bamyasi
Recommended song: "Vitamin C"
Mood: cool, confident
Makes me want to: deserve to walk with a swagger



King Crimson - Red
Recommended song: "Fallen Angel"
Mood: cinematic
Makes me want to: write eloquently about struggle in the face of urban decay