Saturday, December 1, 2007

Painkiller - 1995 - Cat's Cradle, Carrboro, NC



AS POSTED ON DIME HERE

PAINKILLER
Cat's Cradle, Carrboro, NC
May 7, 1995

AUDIENCE RECORDING
Source: CSB mics (battery box, low-end roll-off) clipped on glasses > Denon DTR-80P
Transfer: Master DAT > Tascam DA-20 > M-Audio Audiophile USB > PC > Wavelab 5.0 (fades, normalizing) > CDWave (tracking) > Flac Front End (level 6)

Taped and transferred by mrpember

NOTES

This is one of my very favorites. I've taped several hundred live shows, and this may be the best audience recording I've ever done. I was just to the right of the left stack, picking up both the PA feed and the stage sound. I think this really highlights how good the little CSB mics can sound with the right placement. There are some level adjustments near the beginning of the first track. Amazing show as well, incredibly intense.


LINEUP:

John Zorn: alto sax
Bill Laswell: bass
Mick Harris: drums, vocals