Monday, September 3, 2007

James Brown - "The Godfather of Soul" and "The Hardest Working Man in Show Business"



AS POSTED ON THE TRADERS DEN HERE:
Download Here

James Brown
Boston Garden
Boston, Ma.
April 5th, 1968

This is the famous James Brown concert that was broadcast live on WGBH TV in Boston less than 24 hours after
the assasination of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

I have restored the concert to it's original running order, as all the tapes and DVD's I've have of this have been in incorrect
order. I assume this is because whomever transferred them from WGBH's original tapes, probably 2 inch wide open reels,
did so in a random fashion without paying any attention to continuity. After some research, I have put together what I believe to be
the correct order of events on this historic night.

Not all of the footage from this show appears to be in circulation. JB did so an opening set before the mayor came out to
speak, but that portion as well as other segments seem to be unavailable at this time.

I did do one potentially controversial thing; I removed the stand up comic routine before JB's last set. It was stupid, non-musical and drug the flow of the show down. If this bothers you, don't download this.

I used two versions of this and took the best portions from both using the original VOB files. Both versions came from EZT/Dime about a year and a half ago. One version featured an additional 35 seconds of the ending of the concert that the other one didn't have, so I was sure to include it. I added a full
menu and appropriate chapter stops.

This is cool enough that some butthole will be selling it on Ebay soon. Do what you can to get them booted off and I will
do the same. Get your copy for free now and give it to others!

Mayor Kevin White Speaks
That's Life
Kansas City
Soul Man (Bobby Byrd)
It's A Man's Man's Man's World (joined in progress)
Lost Someone
Bewildered
When A Man Love A Woman
Tell Mama (Marva Whitney)
Check Yourself (Marva Whitney)
Chain Of Fools (Marva Whitney)
I Heard It Through The Grapevine (Marva Whitney)
Get It Together
There Was A Time
I Got The Feeling
Try Me
Cold Sweat
Maybe The Last Time
I Got You (I Feel Good)
Please Please Please
I Can't Stand It
Fans Rush The Stage
I Can't Stand It (Finale)

Welcome to those who may be continuing this show from Dime. Just so you know, this was banned there for supposed official material. The disc they claim is "official" is an overseas mass produced bootleg and is no more a legit commercial product than anything else on their page, but since it's available on Amazon.co.uk, therefore it MUST be official, at least in the eyes of one short-sighted Dime moderator. There is absolutely nothing official about the release which brought down this torrent on Dime. Appeals to the mods there were useless, so, I thought I would try here. Just for the record, this incident marks my final attempt to seed on Dime. They have banned four of my last five torrent attempts for really stupid reasons, so I'm done with it. From now on, all my uploads will be done right here on traders den.

Dime folks, in order to make this work with whatever you may have already downloaded, you will have to delete the info file from the original folder, as the one here is new and the old one was wrong anyway. Hopefully it will work, if not, you'll have to start over, I'm afraid.

Now for the vital stats...

MPEG-2 Program Stream << { 1 vid, 1 aud, 1 other }
Sys Bitrate: 10080 kb/s VBR
Codec AC-3
Frame Size 704 x 480
NSTC

==============================================================
==============================================================

AS POSTED ON THE TRADERS DEN HERE:
Download Here

James Brown
1971-03-xx Paris, France
[UPGRADE]
(NTSC)

MPEG-2 NTSC Video, 4:3 Format, 720x480
2 Ch 48 kHz, 16bits

Here is an upgrade of my previous JB 71 torrent:
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums...ead.php?t=27366

this one includes a good menu w/ good chapters on songs. This upgrade was graciously provided to me by DIMEr Randy Bayers and is a couple generations stronger than the previous version I provided.

chaptered set list looks like:
Intro
Brother Rapp
Ain't It Funky Now with a bass solo
Geargia on My Mind
Sunny

Vicki Anderson sings:
I Feel Loving You
Yesterday

JB returns:
It's a New Day
Bewildered
Sex Machine
Try Me
Papas Got a Brand New Bag/ I got You/ I Got That Feeling
Give It Up or Turnit A Loose
It's a Man's Man's Man's World
Please Please Please
Sex Machine reprise
Super Bad
Get Up Get Into It and Get Involved
Soul Power

TRT 01:16:45

James Brown (vocals, organ); Bobby Byrd (M.C., vocals, organ), Phelps "Catfish" Collins, Hearlon "Cheese" Martin (guitar); St. Clair Pinckney (tenor saxophone); Darryl "Hasaan" Jamison, Clayton "Chicken" Gunnells (trumpet); Fred Wesley (trombone); William "Bootsy" Collins (bass); John "Jabo" Starks, Don Juan "Tiger" Martin (drums).